What Is Employee Engagement?
An engaged employee is someone who is motivated to perform to the best of their ability at work, they have a positive attitude to their workplace and want to contribute to its success. Essentially, their values and interests are aligned with their place of employment.
We believe that a highly engaged workforce is the holy grail of business success, and we suggest that companies should nurture these attributes in their staff by taking steps to increase employee engagement.
Why Should You Consider Employee Engagement?
Many companies do not implement any form of approach to cultivate engaged employees, it can often be seen as an afterthought. The following list shows the many proven reasons why employee engagement should be essential to your organisation.
- According to Perkbox, 59% of employees believe a benefits package would make them less likely to leave their current job.
- Sick leave and accident rates are reduced due to the improved wellbeing of staff, for example the Gallup Poll in 2011 showed that engaged employees took 3.5 fewer leave of absence days than disengaged employees.
- A better workplace environment as staff are positive and enthusiastic.
- Productivity increases due to a motivated workforce, for example, a report conducted by the Work Research Foundation showed that engaged employees outperform disengaged employees by 38%.
- Employees work better together as they feel more connected and are better at communicating with their team.
- As found by Office Vibe, investing in your employees is linked to a 20% increase in sales.
As you can see from this list, employee engagement has the power to transform your business.
How Can My Business Engage Employees?
We are aware that to have an engaged workforce requires continuous efforts that should be implemented at all levels in a company. This is something that many employers do not have the resources to do, which is why Hive360 is here to help.
Supporting and rewarding your staff is what we do! At Hive360 we aim to change the shape of employee engagement using our unique employment model. We work as your employment support partner, giving your staff access to a wide range of employee perks and employee benefits to boost their engagement and their personal wellbeing.
By partnering with Hive360, your staff will be given our market leading Pay & Perks app that gives them access to a wide range of health and lifestyle benefits such as a 24 hour GP. In addition your staff will have access to 1,000’s of discounts – from high street retailers to gym memberships. What better way to look after your valued staff?
If you want to recognise and reward the excellent work your staff are putting in, then please get in touch using the contact form at the bottom of the page or call us on 0121 661 4851.